My first three sets, two in African Blackwood and one in Cocobolo. The design was rather plain and not as well-defined as in later sets. Some time after I took these pictures I recalled two of them and re-worked them, improving both the shape and the detail. An initial idea I had built into two of them was a drying system housed in the lower part of the blowstick which was designed to counter the instability inherent in any mouth-blown pipe due to the moisture which builds up on the reeds. As you can see here it was a little bulky but it worked well. I later discarded this idea as I found it wasn't really necessary.
Click here to hear a set of three jigs played on the first of the AB sets.
Eyrewaves Web Design